Our different facilities for the flowers growing, storage of raw materials, production of oleoresins & extracts as well as office are located in the Siagne vallée only a few kilometers apart, and work altogether led by passionate teamworkers.
A complete offer through the different activities of the Group MUL :
- A local and historic agricultural experience
- A control of the sourcing and the storage on imported spices and plants
- A site dedicated on the extraction and production of oleoresins, concretes, absolutes
- A site dedicated on the extraction and distillation of aromatic raw materials according to the Food Industry standards
- A site dedicated to the production of derivatives (drying, grinding, sieving)
Production and laboratory pilot trial equipments (extractors, distillers) to make trials before industrial productions:
- Soxhlet extractors
- Ultra-sound extractors
- Hydrodistillers of different sizes
- Liquid blenders of different sizes
- Powder blenders of different sizes
- Soxhlet extractors
- Rectifying columns
Internal quality control laboratory: organoleptic, analytical, physicochemical and microbiological analysis
- Analytical chromatography
- Gas chromatography – Mass spectrometry
- High performance liquid chromatrography
- UV colorimetry
External cofrac certified laboratory analysis: residual solvent analysis, aromatic components analysis, pesticides and heavy metals analysis, etc.
- Manufacturing of concretes: Extracting of a fresh vegetable raw material using volatile solvents, then eliminating the solvents.
- Manufacturing of resinoids: Extracting of a dried vegetable raw material using volatile solvents, then eliminating the solvents.
- Manufacturing of absolutes: Extracting of a resinoid using volatile solvent (ethyl alcohol), then filtering to eliminate the “waxes”, then distillating in order to evaporate the ethanol.
- Manufacturing of oleoresins: Hydro-alcoholic extraction of spices (for instance vanilla beans, black pepper seeds, fenugreek seeds, etc.) then eliminating the ethanol.
- Manufacturing of infusions: Soaking of a natural raw material in alcoholic solution (flowers, beans, seeds, roots, etc.) then filtering
- Manufacturing of distillates and spirits (= colourless products): Soaking of a natural raw material in alcoholic solution, then distillating, the solvent (ethyl alcohol) is not eliminated.
- Manufacturing of floral waters (hydrolates): Steam distillation of a fresh or dried vegetable raw material (calyx, fresh or dried flowers, etc.)
- Manufacturing of natural flavoured waters: Steam distillation of a flavouring preparation (pure essential oils, natural flavours).
- Manufacturing of flavoured waters: Steam distillation of a flavouring substance.
- Manufacturing of concentrated essential oils (5X, 10X) Rectifying and concentrating essential oils of citrus, producing terpeneless oils
- Manufacturing extracts: Blending oleoresins or other flavouring preparations at hot or room temperature with identified carriers (for instance ethyl alcohol, sugar syrup, dextrose, sugar, etc.)
- Manufacturing natural flavours: Blending oleoresins or flavouring preparations and/or flavouring substances with identified carriers (for instance ethyl alcohol, sugar syrup, dextrose, sugar, etc.)
- Manufacturing flavours: Blending flavouring substances with identified carriers (for instance ethyl alcohol, sugar syrup, dextrose, sugar, etc.)
The R&D for expanding our sales program of oleoresins and aromatic extracts is a top priority for us, to diversify our portfolio first but also innovate to meet our customers requirements for new taste and smell.
Our key expertise :
- The R&D answer is always customized and bring your sense beyond: from the commercial team involved and collaborative with R&D team whom imagine, feel, smell, taste and try daily the best possible oleoresins, extracts and flavours to deliver
- The sourcing for new and original raw materials with a large channel of suppliers
- The analysis of our own technical problematics to be sure that our trial samples could be produced with same consistency in larger industrial batch sizes (pilot trial in laboratory then industrial pilot trial)
- Favoring transparency, accuracy of our formulas and sharing knowledge with our flavour houses customers.The research and development of natural flavouring systems suitable for each food applications : creation of tailor-made products answering to each projects and their technical, thermical, regulatory or budgetary problematics
Market areas & applications
Our products are designed for three markets:
- Flavours, Fragrances and Cosmetics industries
- Flavour houses, fragrance and cosmetics manufacturers
- Food processing Industries :
- Sweet products: bakery, pastry, biscuits, confectionery, chocolates, etc.
- Dairy products: ice creams, sorbets, yoghurts, frozen desserts, etc.
- Dietary and nutrition products: cereals, instant drinks, desserts, etc.
- Alcoholic drinks: liquors and spirits, beverages, etc.
- Salty products: seasonings, frozen food, ready-made food, sauces, etc.
- Non-food Industries
- Cosmetics products: face and eye care, moisturizing, personal hygiene, soaps, etc.
Our R&D team is at your entire disposal to work on your projects and provide tailor made aromatic solutions that will answer exactly to your needs.